Deo-odorizing can be dangerous

The Times recently reported that a schoolgirl died after being overcome by fumes from her deodorant while on a family holiday: “Paige Daughtry, 12, was so worried about her personal hygiene that she used body spray as if it were “going out of fashion”, a coroner was told. It is believed that she overused it after a swim on July 18 and that a “volatile substance” in the fumes affected her heart rhythm. She was found by her mother, Ann, 36, lying face down in a bedroom of a caravan that the family, from Oldham, was renting at a holiday park near Blackpool. She died two hours later in hospital despite attempts to revive her. Her can of Right Guard deodorant was found near the ensuite bathroom.”

 

 

Back to Top
%d bloggers like this: